Tilly and the Buttons’ Cleo

I finally have a Cleo in my life! The pattern had been sitting on my shelf since November, but I told myself I had to complete all current projects before opening the Tilly envelope. This was difficult, especially with so many gorgeous Cleos continually popping up on Instagram. But at long last, I did it! A bit late to the party perhaps, but here I am!

cleo-tillyandthebuttons-09-web

I chose to do the mini pinafore with button fastenings, and I used a cotton twill for the fabric.

I cut a size 2. My only alteration was to eliminate the middle seam on the front and back, which I did by cutting the pieces on a fold.

I really enjoyed sewing Cleo and I’m happy with how versatile the garment is. This was my first Cleo, but it  won’t be my last!

cleo-tillyandthebuttons-06-web

cleo-tillyandthebuttons-03-web

cleo-tillyandthebuttons-10-web

cleo-tillyandthebuttons-11-web

cleo-tillyandthebuttons-04-web

cleo-tillyandthebuttons-05-webcleo-tillyandthebuttons-01-webcleo-tillyandthebuttons-02-webcleo-tillyandthebuttons-07-web

Thanks for looking!

By | 2017-10-07T17:04:47+00:00 February 12th, 2017|Uncategorized|8 Comments

1. Georgia February 13, 2017 at 11:02 - Reply

Ah this is so gorgeous, that colour is fab! Also I love your blouse – they’re the perfect match!

2. sil February 16, 2017 at 17:35 - Reply

Really cute paired with the pussy bow blouse!

3. Amanda Milstead March 17, 2017 at 16:34 - Reply

This sewing project turned out great! Those purple boots are awesome too!

4. carmensews March 23, 2017 at 20:35 - Reply

So pretty! I love Tillyn and the Buttons ❤️

• zoubi zoubisou March 27, 2017 at 09:47 - Reply

Thank you Carmen! ☺️ Their patterns are always lovely!

5. […] My. Goodness. Zoubi and Rumana (who you may recognise from the last series of The Great British Sewing Bee) have struck […]

6. baufinanzierungsrechner August 30, 2017 at 16:36 - Reply

Indeed. Been watching Villa matches at Lucky since the new year (was split between Lucky and Fado for most of the early season). You wouldn’t have happened to be among the Arsenal supporters in the back room Sunday, would you have?