I made a culotte jumpsuit! For the bodice, I used Named’s Ailakki Cross Front Jumpsuit pattern. It has a beautiful cross front with keyhole detail and a V-shaped neckline at the back. I cut a size 2 and removed 1 inch from the length of the bodice. If I do another one (which is likely to happen in the near future), I will remove a little more because there is currently some extra fabric on the sides and I feel that the belt could sit a bit higher.
For the culottes, I used Butterick’s B6178 and, as the envelope says, it is “Fast&Easy” to make! Version C has pleats in both the front and back and I love the extra volume.
The fabric is a lightweight blue Tencel Denim which drapes beautifully and is super soft to the touch. I used both sides of the fabric to accentuate the cross bodice shape of my jumpsuit.
I feel like this jumpsuit can be dressed up or down to fit several occasions, and I’m excited to layer it with a shirt or one of my beloved turtlenecks!
Here are some pictures:
Thanks for looking!