B6354 Bustier & Shorts Playsuit

We are moving out of Vancouver in a few days (sad!), and things have been pretty hectic around here. But I’ve still managed to some time to sew for myself and for friends (which will be the subject of a couple of different posts in the coming weeks).

Here’s a bustier and shorts playsuit that I completed last month.

The Fabric:

I used a fun stretch denim for this ensemble and lined the bustier with voile. The closed fitted bustier required some boning so I was afraid it wouldn’t be super comfy to wear. But the stretch denim makes the entire outfit actually very comfortable and easy to move (play!) in.

The Pattern:

Butterick Patterns by Gertie B6354! I was drawn to this pattern by the bustier’s neckline. I also love the detachable strap, which adds yet another styling option to this separate. As for the shorts, despite always wanting to love shorts, I’m usually not fond of them on myself. But I was pleasantly surprised by these ones! I like the high waist and the cut, and I actually see these shorts becoming a wardrobe staple for the summer – July will be spent on the road in the US southwest, driving towards our new home. This is the perfect place for shorts!

And now some photos:

shorts-bustier

shorts-bustier-7

shorts-bustier-5

shorts-bustier-3

shorts-2

shorts

Thanks for looking!

By | 2017-10-07T17:01:07+00:00 June 26th, 2017|Uncategorized|13 Comments

1. Sue @ A Colourful Canvas June 26, 2017 at 17:56 - Reply

Aw…sorry to hear you are leaving Vancouver. And…we didn’t get to meet in person. The southwest US will be a big change and very exciting!

AND…you’ll be looking adorable while you’re on the road! Such a cute outfit!

• zoubi zoubisou June 30, 2017 at 08:54 - Reply

Thank you very much Sue! Sad that we didn’t get to meet but I hope to come back at some point šŸ˜Š Hope you’re enjoying the beautiful summer! šŸ’•

2. Lynsey June 26, 2017 at 23:47 - Reply

Such a fab outfit and love it in this fabric. Good luck with the move.

• zoubi zoubisou June 30, 2017 at 08:50 - Reply

Thank you very much Lynsey! I love this stretch denim too. Super comfy! šŸ˜Š

3. carmenross88 June 27, 2017 at 13:24 - Reply

Cute ensemble! I love it.

4. Sew Sarah Smith June 28, 2017 at 04:13 - Reply

This is sooooo cute! You look great in it! X

5. Helen June 28, 2017 at 06:33 - Reply

You’re leaving?! Awww, I’m sorry we didn’t get a chance to meet. This jumpsuit is awesome!

• zoubi zoubisou June 30, 2017 at 08:46 - Reply

I’m so sorry too that we didn’t get a chance to meet šŸ™ Sad to leave but I hope to be back at some point. I just love this part of the country so much. Enjoy the beautiful summer Helen!!! And thank you so much for the link in your “Wednesday Weekly”! šŸ˜‰

6. Cate June 28, 2017 at 07:21 - Reply

Aw, this is such a super cute outfit and just perfect for the summer!

7. […] bustier playsuit from Zoubi Zoubisou is so […]