Pleated Dress & Jacket Ensemble

dress-jacket-small

I completed this beige taffeta dress and navy jacket a few months ago and I’ve worn them several times since. The weather never quite cooperated when it came to taking photos of it, but yesterday, on New Year’s Eve, it happened! A combination of snow, time off work, and my little dog Garcon (who is always up for som fun in the snow) has finally resulted in some pictures to post!

dress-jacket-small-5

The dress is composed of a fitted bodice and pleated skirt. The shimmering silk taffeta silk was amazing to work with: light and crisp, and perfect for pleats. The bodice is lined with a simple cotton voile.

For the jacket, I usedย Butterick 9703ย for the pattern and some navy wool flannel blend which I had left over fromย this old project.

All in all, it was a pretty straightforward project, the result of which is a nice little ensemble that has become part of my seasonal wardrobe.

dress-jacket-small-2

dress-jacket-small-4

Happy New Year! Wishing you all a beautiful 2017, filled with love, good health, and lots of stitches!

By | 2017-10-07T17:06:56+00:00 January 1st, 2017|Uncategorized|13 Comments

1. JamieLMac January 2, 2017 at 16:24 - Reply

You did wait until the most magical moment to photograph this dress. It’s gorgeous and it looks like a holiday card.

• zoubi zoubisou January 4, 2017 at 14:53 - Reply

Thank you so much Jamie! We rarely see snow in Vancouver so I got really excited about that one! ๐Ÿ˜Š

2. carmenross88 January 2, 2017 at 20:16 - Reply

Wow these photos are gorgeous! Great job on this dress and jacket ๐Ÿ™‚

• zoubi zoubisou January 4, 2017 at 14:55 - Reply

Thank you so much Carmen! Very nice of you! ๐Ÿ˜˜

3. Mags January 3, 2017 at 01:39 - Reply

Fabulous outfit and your photo is one of my favourites of the year!

• zoubi zoubisou January 4, 2017 at 14:39 - Reply

Wow, thanks so much Mags! The photoshoot was a lot of fun! ๐Ÿ˜Š

4. La Vonda C January 3, 2017 at 09:09 - Reply

You DO look like a beautiful Christmas card! Such a pretty outfit & what a sweet pupper face! He looks like he is always ready for an adventure ๐Ÿ™‚

• zoubi zoubisou January 4, 2017 at 14:34 - Reply

Thank you so much! You’re absolutely right, he’s always ready for an adventure! ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿถ

5. Katy January 4, 2017 at 02:28 - Reply

Wow wow wow! I adore everything about this! Amazing x

• zoubi zoubisou January 4, 2017 at 14:28 - Reply

Wow Thank you Katy! That’s very sweet of you! ๐Ÿ˜˜

6. […] pleated dress and jacket from Zoubi Zoubisou are perfection together – not to mention that snowy scene and cute […]

7. Sue @ A Colourful Canvas January 4, 2017 at 18:34 - Reply

Such a lovely make….and dreamy photography too.